Friday, August 17, 2007

Thumbs up / Thumbs down in Thailand...

Ok first I'll start by saying that I am sick with an annoying dry cough and it has rained almost straight for two days. So I decided to copy the local Armidale paper and have a thumbs up / thumbs down style rant:

Thumbs up to the relaxed atmosphere where nobody blinks if a cat jumps onto your table or chickens stroll across the floor in a resturant. Or if people just ride motorbikes though shops.

Thumbs down to dampness: damp bed, damp towel, damp clothes, damp harness and shoes and rope and draws. Damp air so that nothing dries. Everything stinks!

Thumbs up to some fantastic quality climbing. Even when it rains there is still good routes that you can work on.

Thumbs down to un-anodized quick draws that start to corrode in the thai air in less than a week!

Thumbs up to Monkeys. They're cool.

Thumbs down to hidden airport fees which more than double our tickets price from whats advertised.

Thumbs up to flights being dirt cheap even with the extra fees.


Ok enough ranting. Not much to add except I am sick and feeling so damn weak compared to the crank session from a few days back. I dream of just one day of wearing dry clothes and maybe even a hot shower. We will fly to Bangkok on sunday and hopefully all my simple dreams will come true.

No comments: