We got a lift out to Crazy Horse buttress and the climbing there is great. I could easily waste a few weeks here (my list of places to waste a few weeks is growing quicker than I have weeks to spend). This crag is just so ... lazy? Maybe it should be called Lazy horse buttress. The walk in is about 15m.
The climbing is dense and quite varied in style. It isn't busy at all and the climbing guide company here has done an awesome job not only setting routes but making tracks, steps, belay platforms, and shelters from the rain complete with a nice little bed for naps in the afternoon. And to cap it off a hot lunch is delivered to the crag! And then back in Chiang Mai at after the sun has set you can keep going with a hard trash session back at the bouldering wall just to help you sleep :)And the next day that little voice that has been saying for over a week 'You're feeling a bit better today, no need for doctor!' has finally been overcome and I went to the hospital. The experience was pretty smooth but a little disconcerting when you're sitting in the hospital waiting room and someone is walking around selling lottery tickets. Well it seems I have bronchitis and now three sets of drugs to kill it. (4 if you count the unknown rum like stuff I'm drinking as I type).
So after a chilled out arvo reading, tonight we bicycled across town to check out the Maui Thai Boxing. To my surprise I actually quite enjoyed it. Got me thinking a lot about gambling and betting (I am also reading a book called 'Breaking Vegas' which might also have something to do with it).
After that we headed home and had just locked up the bikes when a baby elephant gets led down the alley way! The things you see...

No comments:
Post a Comment