Every day is awesome. Getting up late. Eating breakfast with the guidebook figuring out what to climb first and still avoiding the sun and high tide. Having a climb until the sun or hunger chases us off the rock. A late afternoon lunch and then usually climbing something a bit harder in the arvo.
The food is fantastic and we are all working on less than 100 baht a meal in total.On the climbing front I've been damm happy with myself so far, 4 climbing days (with one rest day) and not a single fall. I've been leading lots of 6a and 6b with a couple 6c's under my belt and it is becoming obvious that I am just not pushing it hard enough! I have a couple 7a's on the tick list though. Later I'll put up a route list of my ticks (more for me than anyone else). It is really good to work longer routes and we've done a few multpitch as well. Humanality was great but we had to bail a few pitches up cause of a storm front. We'll get back to it.
On the rest day we went to Ao Nang just next door and did a but of shopping. Railey doesn't have any shops like it use to that sell clothes and other random stuff - just more resorts. It is still great but has lost a lot of atmosphere and will be a very different place in a few years.
We don't have any fixed plans which is great but will probably head to Ko Phi Phi for a few days. There is a lot more easier climbing there and I want to do a few dive trips as well.
Anyway time to walk back to Tonsai. Hopefully the tide is still low enough that we don't have to do the jungle path.
No comments:
Post a Comment