Well a small milestone today: I finished the Parapro 2 level! I am off my L plates and onto my P's. I'll have a break for a few days and head to Chitwan National Park and then back for another 5 day course to finish the Parapro 3 which would mean I have a pilot license and could fly without an instructor if I was in the UK. Today was some of the best flying we've had catching good thermals and getting some great unusually strong and consistent winds in the afternoon to practice more reverse takeoff's on the ground. I ran myself ragged doing a reverse mock takeoff's, ground flying/running for 20m or so then turning back around and kiting the wing back to the start and repeating over and over. Yesterday was kinda funny as two of the students ended up wet from landing in the lake!It is hard to beleive it is new years eve. If I said it was because it was quiet I would be lying through my teeth - the new years festival started 4 days ago and has been going strong the whole time. The sound of motorbikes in a cage of death can be heard almost constantly during the day, even from around the lake where we land, and from dusk the concerts can be heard across the town. But in general I have been avoiding the party area of lakeside and just concentrating on flying and then chilling out afterwards. It just doesn't seem to have much appeal.
But I guess once I have a few drinks in me and people start yelling the countdown I'll probably get more interested. Happy new years!
No comments:
Post a Comment