Friday, January 06, 2006

Christ church

Well I am in Christchurch! Haven't really done much except spend money. Arrived late last night and basically crept into my dark room full of snoring fellow backpackers and slept in my clothes.

I was pretty lucky at the air port - I miss read my time but I was 2 hours early not late so it was all right. Got in a bit of relaxed reading time.

I have sorted out basically all of my gear except ski goggles now: bought some full monty style snow pants (you can take unzip the sides and pull them off the front), heavy duty gloves with detachable inner.

Now I am stocked up with food and am off to relax a bit and finish my book (Stephen hawkins: A brief history of time - awesome read; have learnt a bit!). Maybe tommorow I will bludge a bit before heading off to Mt Cook. Was thinking of maybe doing a whitewater raft trip but I still have a few things to get and I leave early on the 8th so I don't have much free time yet. After the course I will probably hire a car and zip around a bit more.

Christ church is a pretty nice place and I will probably spend a few days here doing more sight seeing at the end of my trip.

Until next time!

No comments: