Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Book worm

Books! I know I've been reading a fair bit while traveling (sometimes I feel like I need to be overseas to devote the time to reading!) but today I decided to write down a list of what I have devoured so far and this is what I came up with (not read in this order):

Imperium (about Cicero in ancient rome)
The Beach
The Bagavad Gita (Famous Hindu Poem/Text)
The Satanic verses (Banned in lots of Islamic countries including next door in India)
Them Mummy: Ramses the Damned *
Blood and Gold *
The witching hour *
Rachel's Holiday
Memnock the Devil *
Take of the Body Thief *

The * are all by Anne Rice who wrote 'Interview with the Vampire' and as you can see I am kinda hooked at the moment. The only proplem has been reading them out of order but that hasn't mattered so much really as they mostly stand alone.

And just recently procured:

The Vampire Lestat * (finally found it!)
Queen of the Damned *
The Globe: The science of Discworld II

Sometimes I only read a chapter or two a day, but on days like today, which are overcast and poor flying weather, I've been almost reading a book a day!

No comments: